From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)
Description of problem:
command: up2date kernel kernel-unsupported
result: No module ieee1394 found for kernel 2.4.21-27.0.2.EL, aborting. mkinitrd failed.
kernel gets installed, but no grub.conf entry is created after this error.
see details below...
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. install kernel-unsupported
2. connect firewire drive
3. run kudzu to configure firewire drive
4. ieee1394, ohci1394, sbp2 modules get placed in /etc/modules.conf
5. update kernel kernel-unsupported with up2date
6. kernel script tries to mkinitrd with ieee1394 support.
7. script fails because ieee1394 is in kernel-unsupported.
8. kernel gets installed, but /etc/grub.conf does not get updated.
Expected Results: kernel script should realize that ieee1394 is part of kernel-unsupported and should either ignore ieee1394 modules or look for ieee1394 in kernel-unsupported modules (which means that kernel would have a dependency on kernel-unsupported in this case.)
Hello, Robert. Please upgrade the kernel-unsupported package before the
kernel package when using unsupported modules. Then things should work