Description of problem:
Applying Installable Errata to a registered Host in Satellite WEBUI displays
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable): Satellite 6.2.11
All the time
Steps to Reproduce:
Administer > Settings > Katello
Erratum Install Batch Size 0
(Note: I put specific example)
1. Apply Installable Errata to a registered RHEL7.3 host that has 283 Errata
2. Hosts > Content Host > select RHEL7.3 Host with 283 applicable errata >
3. Errata > Select all boxes (top left) without scrolling down to the last page
4. Click blue text "Select all 283" in:
"All 40 items on this page are selected. Select all 283."
"283 results are selected. Deselect all"
5. Select "Apply Selected".
(Option to go further to dropdown selection and choose "via Katello agent" it doesn't matter.)
Task will process the first 40 Errata on the List, need to go back to the:
Content Host > Errata tab >
to continue of scroll down to the last page to select all.
Task should process all 283 Errata. The message says "283 results are selected"
and beside "Apply Selected" button has "283 Selected".
It is a known fact that scrolling down to the last page will get all errata applied but the display message "283 results selected" is very misleading and should be corrected.
Created redmine issue http://projects.theforeman.org/issues/21047 from this bug
Created redmine issue http://projects.theforeman.org/issues/21796 from this bug
This has been merged: 169f0cc209e8a2ae692e03a6cf89153fedb2a5eb
Satellite-6.3 Snap 30
1. Registered a content host having errata
2. Navigated to Hosts -> content host -> host
3. Clicked on Errata
4. Clicked on checkbox to select all
No link for 'select all N' appeared as per PR that removed Content host errata select all N. (see attachment)
Created attachment 1375718 [details]
screenshot of UI
In my Sat 6.3 Beta test VM, it is working as expected:
- Hosts > Content Hosts > my_host > Errata tab >
1. Selecting the main box (box left of "Type") to check all boxes works.
I got (for example):
All 13 items on this page are selected. Select all 13.
My only comment here is that; all boxes are already selected but we have this blue clickable text "Select all 13" to select again and lock in.
2. After clicking "Select all 13"
13 results are selected. Deselect all
The checks are then locked in and the only way to uncheck is to click "Deselect all"
3. Then " Apply Selected" for options.
I will try to test with a Content Host that has more than 13 installable errata.
This UI change is good enough for me and I'm sure with my customer.
GSS - APAC
Since the problem described in this bug report should be resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a resolution of ERRATA.
> For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated files, follow the link below.
> If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.