Description of problem:
See step by step below
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
The 'About' box is pretty, but I cannot find the version number on it..
[user1@hoho2 ~]$ rpm -q gimp
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Start gimp (from menu - probably doesn't matter)
2. File->Preferences (window height is good, can see bottom edge)
3. Click on Folders and open it. Window instantly becomes longer to
accomodate list length. There are no vertical scroll bars active,
either on panel with folder items, or on side with applicable input
boxes and buttons.
4. Click on any other left side item (e.g., Default Grid, Theme,
Toolbox,etc.). The window height remains very tall, so tall that
buttons are off bottom of screen.
5. Make a cange to your preferences - anywhere.
6. Look for button to 'Apply' or 'OK' - ha, ha - off screen to bottom.
Would be nice if
1) there were scroll bars so that bottom of left list and/or
applicable buttons on right could be seen/found.
Alternatively, when list would go below screen, create another window
with only scrollable list (??)
My screen is 1028 x 768
I'd like you to open a Bugzilla entry upstream (i.e. bugzilla.gnome.org,
component GIMP) as it is unlikely that I'd get around to patching this into our
GIMP package and maintain that patch separately from upstream. Please report
back with the Bugzilla ID of the upstream bugzilla entry.
As a workaround, you can e.g. resize off the screen windows with Alt+F8, then
using cursor keys under GNOME, I'm sure KDE has some similar keyboard shortcut.