Created attachment 1334216 [details]
Description of problem:
DB was restored successfully and while upgrade w/ 6.3 found following issue:
]# satellite-installer --scenario satellite --upgrade
Parameter katello-proxy-url invalid: must match one of (?-mix:^https?:\/\/)
Parameter katello-proxy-port invalid: "" is not a valid integer
when I checked the set value for above parameters, found empty value there:
]# satellite-installer --scenario satellite --upgrade --help | grep katello-proxy
--katello-proxy-password Proxy password for authentication (current: "")
--katello-proxy-port Port the proxy is running on (current: "")
--katello-proxy-url URL of the proxy server (current: "")
--katello-proxy-username Proxy username for authentication (current: "")
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
6.2 -> 6.3 snap18
Steps to Reproduce:
1. satellite-installer --scenario satellite --upgrade
installer failed w/ error:
out: Parameter katello-proxy-url invalid: must match one of (?-mix:^https?:\/\/Parameter katello-proxy-port invalid: "" is not a valid integer
The issue is the values in the satellite-answers.yaml, the following is valid in 6.2 but fails in 6.3:
a workaround is to use blank:
but we need to either support blank values or reset these to blank if found so the upgrades won't fail as many customers had these set to "" or '' in 6.2 to reset to blank values
There are 2 options to solve this:
1) Create a migration in the installer to automatically fix the answers file
2) Modify the installer to properly handle empty strings
The first is the easiest and would have my preference but the second might be desired from a user perspective since users might expect that to work.
For the short term I'm going to implement 1 since it's a valid solution and allows us to quickly unblock on the beta but let me know if I should look into option 2.
Created redmine issue http://projects.theforeman.org/issues/21217 from this bug
Moving this bug to POST for triage into Satellite 6 since the upstream issue http://projects.theforeman.org/issues/21217 has been resolved.
Verified w/ sat6.3 snap20 and didn't hit the reported issue. I used the same db with which I found the reported issue.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.