Cloned from upstream: https://pagure.io/freeipa/issue/6572
After servel-del <hostname>, command dnsserver-show <hostname> still shows server configuration in case that <hostname> had installed DNS
The command server-del should ensure that this configuration is removed.
063211d server.py: Removes dns-server configuration from ldap
005c928 server.py: Removes dns-server configuration from ldap
Tested the bug with following observations:
1) Setup IPA-MASTER and REPLICA on RHEL 7.5, both configured with dns.
2) Login to IPA-Master and run
# ipa server-del <Replica-hostname>
3) Noticed that following error message is received
ipa: ERROR: Server removal aborted:
Replication topology in suffix 'domain' is disconnected:
4) In case of IPA-MASTER and REPLICA configured with RHEL 7.4.3, this issue is not observed.
Thus on the basis of above observations, marking status of bug to "ASSIGNED".
IPA Version: ipa-server-4.5.4-4.el7.x86_64
Verified the bug on the basis of following points:
1. Verified that upon executing 'ipa server-del <replica>' command on MASTER the replica server entry is removed successfully.
2. No error message is observed.
Thus on the basis of above observations marking status of bug to "VERIFIED".
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.