1. Proposed title of this feature request
Add support for ' --repofrompath=<repoid>,<path/url>' flag to repotrack
2. Who is the customer behind the request?
Account: Citigroup (411070)
TAM customer: Yes
SRM customer: Yes
3. What is the nature and description of the request?
The 'repotrack' component from yum-utils accepts the "-r REPOID, --repoid=REPOID" flags but does not accept the ' --repofrompath=<repoid>,<path/url>' flag that repoquery and repoclosure accept.
It would be beneficial for repotrack to accept 'repofrompath' as well.
4. Why does the customer need this? (List the business requirements here)
To allow downloading of packages not configured in /etc.
5. How would the customer like to achieve this? (List the functional requirements here)
By simply adding the functionality already present in repoquery and repoclosure.
6. For each functional requirement listed, specify how Red Hat and the customer can test to confirm the requirement is successfully implemented.
Simply use the parameter to download packages.
7. Is there already an existing RFE upstream or in Red Hat Bugzilla?
There is an implemented RFE for this feature against DNF.
Bug id is 1113384.
8. Does the customer have any specific timeline dependencies and which release would they like to target (i.e. RHEL5, RHEL6)?
9. Is the sales team involved in this request and do they have any additional input?
10. List any affected packages or components.
11. Would the customer be able to assist in testing this functionality if implemented?
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.