TAM Customer Motorola is asking to port some upstream patches to the RHEL Kernel to increase compatibility with VMWare and avoid problems in the future.
This one specifically is a port request for:
Patch(es) committed on kernel repository and an interim kernel build is undergoing testing
Patch(es) available on kernel-3.10.0-782.el7
Have verified the issue in ESXi5.1 / ESXi5.5 / ESXi6.0 /ESXi6.5 wit BIOS and EFI, can't reproduce it.
Host: All ESXis
Guest: RHEL-7.5 with kernel-3.10.0-797.el7
FW: BIOS and EFI
Steps to Verify:
1. Boot the VM without fixes before install the kernel-3.10.0-797.el7
2. Check the dmesg for "..trying to set up timer (IRQ0) through the 8259A ..."
3. Update to kernel-3.10.0-797.el7, and reboot to this kernel
4. Check the dmesg again
1. After step 2, all machines, currently can't find "..trying to set up timer (IRQ0) through the 8259A ..."
2. After step 4, all machines, "...Host bus clock speed read from hypervisor..." could be found
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.