Description of problem:
After updating mozilla-noscript package, the running firefox instance doesn't "notice" the update. Restarting the browser doesn't help, either.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Install mozilla-noscript-5.0.9.
2. Start firefox and open about:addons.
3. Update mozilla-noscript to 5.1.1.
4. Restart firefox.
NoScript add-on version is still shown as 5.0.9.
NoScript add-on version in about:addons tab should show the updated version 5.1.1.
To see the correct version, the following steps are currently necessary:
1. stop firefox
2. remove mozilla-noscript-5.0.9
3. start firefox
4. stop firefox
5. install mozilla-noscript-5.1.1
6. start firefox
Please try to launch with different profile (https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_debug_Firefox_problems?rd=Bug_info_Firefox#Further_troubleshooting_steps) if the new version is available there.
Also make sure the old version (5.0.9) is really uninstalled/removed from all your mozilla directories, like ~/.mozilla.
Yes, it's reproducible with a fresh profile, too.
Moreover, for the extension to be "noticed" by Firefox I had to restart firefox *twice* after doing a fresh installation of the mozilla-noscript package.
Same thing happens with mozilla-https-everywhere addon. I noticed that "Last Updated" date on the addon information tab shows correct date, but the displayed version is still wrong (previous one, not the updated one).
I noticed that installing HTTPS Everywhere from the EFF website, then removing that version, made the packaged XPI work.
Reported upstream, too.
Still reproducible with firefox-58.0-4.fc27.x86_64 .
Still reproducible with firefox-60.0-4.fc28.x86_64.
I was just able to update mozilla-privacy-badger (https://bodhi.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2018-bb965553f9) normally, i.e. using just dnf update and restarting firefox (firefox-61.0.1-3.fc28.x86_64) just once. Can anyone else confirm this?
I have the same problem with mozilla-adblockplus-2.9.1-1 on firefox-61.0.2-1.fc28.x86_64. mozilla-noscript-10.1.8.16-2.fc28.noarch works just fine.
I can't reproduce this bug, all of the mentioned plugins update correctly. The issue with Adblock Plus might be the fact that the version 2.9.1 is not compatible with Firefox 61.
If incompatible, why are them in the repos? BTW, note that plugin tests for firfox imply installing them all with dnf install mozilla-\*, and some of them show up as f27:
mozilla-adblockplus noarch 2.9.1-1.fc27 fedora 679 k
mozilla-fira-fonts-common noarch 4.202-3.fc27 fedora 10 k
mozilla-fira-mono-fonts noarch 4.202-3.fc27 fedora 188 k
mozilla-fira-sans-fonts noarch 4.202-3.fc27 fedora 4.4 M
mozilla-googlesharing noarch 0.18-13.fc27 fedora 60 k
mozilla-https-everywhere noarch 2018.6.21-1.fc28 updates 4.0 M
mozilla-lightbeam noarch 2.1.0-1.fc28 fedora 578 k
mozilla-noscript noarch 10.1.8.16-2.fc28 updates 17 k
mozilla-requestpolicy noarch 1.0-0.19.20171019git633302.fc28
fedora 251 k
mozilla-ublock-origin noarch 1.16.14-1.fc28 updates 2.1 M
firefox-noscript noarch 10.1.8.16-2.fc28 updates 435 k
fontsquirrel-crete-round-fonts noarch 0-0.3.20111222.fc28 fedora 59 k
seamonkey-noscript noarch 184.108.40.206-2.fc28 updates 742 k
Installing weak dependencies:
adobe-source-sans-pro-fonts noarch 2.020-2.fc28 fedora 709 k
Moving to mozilla-adblockplus as the package needs update for recent Firefox.
I have read this blog on How to Unblock Adobe Flash Player. They have mentioned your issue in their blog and provided solution also. You should read this blog.
(In reply to Martin Stransky from comment #12)
> Moving to mozilla-adblockplus as the package needs update for recent Firefox.
That's correct, but not related to this bug directly. In the meantime, it seems to have been fixed upstream between 58 and 61, so this should actually be reassigned to firefox and closed.