Description of problem:
rhv manager does not show the results of the search properly
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
Search on a given attribute gives the expected result (ie. list of all VMs having this attribute set on this value).
But when an attribute is empty, the associated VM does not appear ever in the results of a research.
Example with 3 VMs:
- VM1 with attribute comment foo
- VM2 with attribute comment bar
- VM3 without attribute comment (attribute empty)
When we do the following research:
- Vms: comment = foo
=> gives VM1
- Vms: comment != foo
=> gives VM2 (but not VM3 !)
- Vms: comment = ""
=> does not give anything
- Vms: comment != ""
=> gives VM1 and VM2
search does not include vms when comment attribute is empty
search will include vms when comment attribute is empty
it is working with "Vms: description =/!=" as expected
It is an issue in BaseConditionFieldAutoCompleter.
There were some fixes around this area in 4.2 but Im not sure it will handle also this case:
Moving to infra to make sure.
When searching for "Vms: comment != foo" I get only VM2 (using example in description).
Not sure if this was intended, but from description it appears that it is desired by reporter.
Tested on ovirt-engine-188.8.131.52-0.1.el7.noarch
INFO: Bug status (ON_QA) wasn't changed but the folowing should be fixed:
[Tag 'ovirt-engine-184.108.40.206' doesn't contain patch 'https://gerrit.ovirt.org/87560']
For more info please contact: email@example.com
Verified on ovirt-engine-220.127.116.11-0.1.el7.noarch
reopening this bug.
The reason is that BZ 1519777 on 4.1 failed verification.
When I checked that, I found that verification on upgraded system will succeed (as done on master/4.2) while verification on new system will fail (as in 4.1)
The reason for that is that even if we change the default to be empty string, if we pass NULL explicitly for the column value (as our SP do when called from DAO code) , then NULL is inserted into the database and the BZ is reproduced.
I have consulted with Martin and we concluded that we will:
1) Reopen this BZ
2) Change the corresponding columns in database to be NOT NULL
3) Change the corresponding business entities field setters to set the value to empty string if it is null
4) Back-port the fix to 4.2 and 4.1 branch
1) This should be tested on new entities added to the application.
2) The solution does not include cluster table cpu_name and emulated_machine columns that fails on empty string value on OST.
Fixing this issue is much more problematic then we though, moving to 4.3 and once fixed properly we can think of 4.2.z backport
Leftovers which are still not working :
Search for description/comment works as expected. I've tried it on new installation and also on upgraded 4.1 -> 4.2 -> 4.3
verified in ovirt-engine-4.3.0-0.8.rc2.el7.noarch
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.