Description of problem:
In hyper-v guest, after doing modifications in network & Host Name settings in initial-setup of Server with GUI installation, clicking "Done" button does not finish "NETWORK & HOST NAME" setting. Initial-setup unable to proceed.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Hyper-V Generation 1 Guest
Windows Server 2016 Hyper-V Host
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create a vm guest on 2016 hyper-v host, in "Network Adapter" settings, choose External.
2. Install RHEL7.5 from iso image, choose "Server with GUI" package
3. After installation finished, reboot machine and enter initial-setup
4. Click " NETWORK & HOST NAME", turn on eth0
5. Click "Done" to finish Network settings.
GUI does not finish Network settings after clicking "Done".
Network settings finishes and proceed with initial-setup.
1. This issue exists in RHEL7.5 20171107/20171130/20171203(nightly) buids.
2. If RHEL7.5 with GUI has been installed and skipped network settings in initial-setup, use following command to re-enable firstboot and reproduce this issue.
# systemctl enable initial-setup-graphical.service
3. After entered "NETWORK & HOST NAME" settings, if you modify nothing and click "Done",
After entered "NETWORK & HOST NAME" settings, if you modify nothing and click "Done", it will finish normally, and could proceed with initial-setup. This issue only occurs when settings has been modified.
Please attach content of Journal from the affected system so that I can try to debug the issues. Initial Setup logs to Journal quite heavily and there might be other messages of interest as well (eq. from network manager, etc.).
Thanks in advance! :)
Created attachment 1367787 [details]
/var/log/messages log file
Created attachment 1367788 [details]
/var/log/dmesg log file
Created attachment 1367789 [details]
" journalctl -u NetworkManager " output
Created attachment 1367833 [details]
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.