1. Proposed title of this feature request
Add option to lock template at the time of import using foreman_templates plugin.
3. What is the nature and description of the request?
Add an option to the import using foreman_templates that will import the template and lock it.
4. Why does the customer need this? (List the business requirements here)
As a measure of preventing edits to the templates from the Satellite itself when the development workflow of the templates is in git.
5. How would the customer like to achieve this? (List the functional requirements here)
Perhaps add a flag so that when a template is imported, it will immediately lock the template.
6. For each functional requirement listed in question 5, specify how Red Hat
and the customer can test to confirm the requirement is successfully implemented.
Using the locking flag, the template would then appear locked within the templates section of the webUI
7. Is there already an existing RFE upstream or in Red Hat bugzilla?
I do not believe so.
8. Does the customer have any specific timeline dependencies?
9. Is the sales team involved in this request and do they have any additional input?
10. List any affected packages or components.
11. Would the customer be able to assist in testing this functionality if implemented?
Created redmine issue http://projects.theforeman.org/issues/22399 from this bug
Moving this bug to POST for triage into Satellite 6 since the upstream issue http://projects.theforeman.org/issues/22617 has been resolved.
Verified on Satellite 6.5 snap 2 with
foreman-rake templates:import repo=https://github.com/theforeman/community-templates branch=develop prefix='[community] ' lock=true
Imported templates are locked as expected
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.