Feedback from field engineers that our shipping deployment templates for e.g. Tacker, Neutron BGP, and Octavia is causing some confusion. It's not immediately clear those components are not supported.
Specifically, these files in the environments subdirectory in the openstack-tripleo-heat-templates package. For example:
Solutions could include:
- Do not package templates for unsupported components (except Tech Preview)
- Add a new sub-package for Tech Preview components
- Put tech preview components in a different subdirector
- Add a README file in the directory listing the support status of each
But anything that would reduce confusion for anyone poking around would be great.
Some questions I've been asking to myself too:
- Should we find a solution that also mention that services aren't supported by TripleO upstream?
- If not, then I guess our solution is to either avoid shipping the files or document in OSP that these services aren't supported by Red Hat OpenStack.
I'll add that for OSP14 backlog, thanks.
(undercloud) [stack@undercloud-0 ~]$ sudo rpm -qa "openstack-tripleo-heat-templates"
(undercloud) [stack@undercloud-0 ~]$ cat /usr/share/openstack-tripleo-heat-templates/environments/README.md
This directory contains Heat environment file snippets which can
be used to enable features in the Overcloud.
These can be enabled using the -e [path to environment yaml] option with
Below is an example of how to enable the Ceph template using
Services support in OSP
While TripleO provides environment files that can deploy many services, not all of
them are supported by [Red Hat OpenStack Platform](https://www.redhat.com/en/technologies/linux-platforms/openstack-platform).
Before proceeding to an OSP deployment, it's suggested to read
[what services](https://access.redhat.com/articles/1535373) are actually supported.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.