Description of problem:
In a 3 node cluster with brick multiplexing is enabled, when one of the node is down and a volume goes through some option changes through volume set, on reboot of the node all the bricks fail to attach and hence looses the brick multiplexing feature. And other observation is the entire handshake process becomes very very slow and can take even hours and in between if some one brings down glusterd then we're going to loose certain volume info files.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create a 3 node cluster, enable brick multiplexing and setup 20 1 X 3 volumes and start them.
2. Now bring down glusterd on first node and perform volume set operation for all 20 volumes from any of the other nodes.
3. bring back glusterd instance on 1st node.
Bricks failed to attach and multiplexing mode is lost. And handshake becomes damn slow.
Bricks should come up in a multiplexed mode.
upstream patch : https://review.gluster.org/#/c/19357
verified this bug with replica3 volume
1. Created 3 node cluster, enabled brick multiplexing and created 20 1 X 3 volumes and started them.
2. Now brought down glusterd on first node and performed volume set operation for all 20 volumes from second node.
3. brought back glusterd instance on 1st node.
Bricks came up in a multiplexed mode.
Moving this bug to verified state.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.