Description of problem:
Users whose group is not using the Evmrole-administrator or Evmrole-super_administrator role are not able to select what to show the costs by. The "Show Costs by" field is changed to "Owner" and is hard-coded to the users name.
This happens even when the Evmrole-administrator or Evmrole-super_administrator role is copied to another role (e.g. Custom-administrator).
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create a group that has a role other than Evmrole-administrator or or Evmrole-super_administrator
2. Login as a user belonging to the group created in step 1
3. Navigate to Cloud Intel -> Reports / Reports
4. Click Configuration -> Add a new Report
5. Choose "Chargeback for Projects" in the Base the report on drop-down
6. Add a field from the Available Fields to the Selected Fields
7. Click the Filter tab
The Chargeback Filters section only shows Owner and the logged in users name (see attached screenshot report_filter_with_non-admin_role.png)
User sees the Show Costs by and is able to select the Project(s) and/or Tag(s) to use for the report (see attached screenshot report_filter_with_admin_role.png)
Created attachment 1396123 [details]
Adding a Filter to a Chargeback report with the Evmrole-administrator
Created attachment 1396124 [details]
Adding a Filter to a Chargeback report with a Custom-administrator role
This is part of the solution to 1090627
The administrator role now has more granular control with separate report and request features
Created attachment 1459249 [details]
screen shot of chargeback report editor(verified by QE)
verified in 22.214.171.124
1.Copied Evmrole-administrator to a custom role, custom_role
2. Create a group that has the custom_role role.
3. Login as a user belonging to the group created in step 2
4. Navigate to Cloud Intel -> Reports / Reports
5. Click Configuration -> Add a new Report
6. Choose "Chargeback for Projects" in the Base the report on drop-down
7. Add a field from the Available Fields to the Selected Fields
8. Click the Filter tab
Verified that the user sees the 'Show Costs by' dropdown and is able to select the Project(s) and/or Tag(s) to use for the report
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.