Description of problem:
For a specific RHEVM Compute resource, the correct networks are not showing for a Cluster. If changed the Cluster to an alternative and save, then revert back then able to see the correct network. But when the compute profile is refreshed the same issue occurs .
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Only at client environment
Compute profile not able to fetch correct information on GUI.
Compute profile should be able to fetch correct information on GUI.
> We observed compute resource profile is not working as expected only when worked through GUI.
> Able to create a new host correctly when performed manually
> hammer DB and API has correct information related to the compute profile
> Issue started facing couple of months after upgrade to satellite 6.2.12 when renamed host groups for better housekeeping.
Created redmine issue https://projects.theforeman.org/issues/24522 from this bug
Upstream bug assigned to email@example.com
Moving this bug to POST for triage into Satellite 6 since the upstream issue https://projects.theforeman.org/issues/24522 has been resolved.
This BZs description is unclear and there are no reproducer steps at all. However, I think the meaning is: "In WebUI, can't list and save cluster and network settings in compute profile settings". The reproducer would be:
1) Have a RHEV with at least two clusters in one datacenter and with some network interfaces in each cluster
2) Create a compute profile.
3) Edit settings for that RHEV.
4) In the edit page, select the first cluster
5) Add a network. Only the networks in that cluster should be listed.
7) Open for edit again
8) Verify the settings (cluster and network) have been saved and are shown correctly
9) Hosts -> Create host, fill the form (create necessary entities, like domain), use that compute profile. Submit.
10) In the RHEV, verify the correct network is set for the created VM. Verify the same for the created host in the Satellite.
11) Repeat from 3) for the second cluster
VERIFIED using these steps on Sat 6.5 snap 11
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.