Description of problem:
When you try to upgrade NGN with local storage in not persistent path your VMS will disappear, customer should be warned before upgrade if needed.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
RHV 4.2 Beta2
Red Hat Virtualization Host 4.2.1 (el7.4)
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Have local storage on NGN host, not in persistent path
2. Update NGN host
3. VMs are gone
VMs are gone
Engine should not allow to add local storage to non-persistent path of NGN
Virt QE reproduced this issue, but not exactly same as Comment 0.
1. Install rhvh-220.127.116.11-0.20180115.0, add host to rhvm-4.1 with local storage type
2. Create non-persistent path on host,
# mkdir /test/test
# chmod 777 /test/test
3. Add above local storage(/test/test) to host in rhvm, and create vm1
4. Setup local repos on host, then upgrade host from rhvm side
5. After upgrade, check /test/test on host, and check the storage and vm1 status in rhvm
1. After step 5, there is no /test/test on host, but the storage in rhvm is still up with space N/A, vm1 is still there but can not be up.
Same as comment 2
After step 4, upgrade failed both from rhvm side and from rhvh side.
So this bug is fixed in rhvh-4.2-0.20180322.0, will change the status to verified.
According to comment 4, change the status to VERIFIED.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.