Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 155055
Installer does not handle certain characters correctly (e.g. '=')
Last modified: 2007-08-06 12:09:59 EDT
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; chrome://navigator/locale/navigator.properties; rv:1.7.5) Gecko/20041107 Firefox/1.0
Description of problem:
While installing Satellite 3.7 and entering the username/password for oracle, the application did not accept the entries (resetting them to the defaults and not continuing). Found out that it did not like the '=' sign in the password. Apparently the regex scripting to enter the values in the rhn config file is not correct and does not 'escape' the strings entered. After changing the oracle password everything worked fine. No error message was displayed.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Setup an oracle sid, user and password with a password containing the = character
2. install satellite
3. try to complete the web-wizard
Actual Results: It is stuck on the page where you have to enter the oracle details
Expected Results: Accept entries and continue
Fixed in CVS -
1) Set up an external DB with a password that contains the '=' character.
- Someone smart (like jslagle, for instance...) can help you set this up.
2) Install a satellite using that database. (ie, use the non-embedded iso)
3) At the db_config.pxt, enter the db information, and click 'submit'.
- Expect to continue to the DB population phase.
4) Complete the DB population. At this point you can be relatively sure the bug
I followed the testplan with a password containing an = and everything was fine.