As I believe the issue to be related to ACLs not being set on the new bricks,I am adding BZ# 1550315 as a dependency.
Reproduced this issue on 3.3.1 and followed the same steps for verifying this BZ on 3.4.0 (3.12.2-7.el7rhgs.x86_64).
1) Created a distributed-replicate volume and start it.
2) FUSE mount it on a client.
3) On mount point, create a directory "dir1"
4) Select a replica pair and for all the bricks in this replica pair set read-only option to on by making changes in the brick vol file.
5) Stop and start the volume.
6) From mount point, rename the directory from dir1 to dir2.
Before fix, dir1 is not renamed on the read-only bricks and on other bricks rename is successful leading to inconsistency across the nodes and both dir1 and dir2 are having same gfid.
After fix, all the backend bricks are having the same directory.
Moving this BZ to Verified.
Have updated the doc text. Kindly review.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.
(In reply to Srijita Mukherjee from comment #35)
> Have updated the doc text. Kindly review.
Hadn't this been reworded to remove all mention of DHT?