1. Create an image stream with a tag pointing to a docker image "openshift/origin:foo".
2. Image imported with error because "foo" doesn't exist as a tag.
3. Edited the image stream tag to have 'reference: true'.
1. Image stream tag status to be updated to point to openshift/origin:foo directly
1. Image stream tag status stays at "cannot import openshift/origin:foo"
2. Editing the from.name updated the status.
I think this is a bug in the change detection in the image stream registry strategy - changing from will update the tag, but changing reference did not.
Not super high priority bug should be an easy fix. Will try to look at it when I get time.
1.Import an invalid image
tagged from registry.access.redhat.com/openshift3/jenkins-2-rhel7:v3.10
! error: Import failed (InternalError): Internal error occurred: error parsing HTTP 404 response body: invalid character 'F' looking for beginning of value: "File not found.\""
Less than a second ago
2.Edit the image stream tag to have 'reference: true', check imagestream
reference to registry registry.access.redhat.com/openshift3/jenkins-2-rhel7:v3.10
20 seconds ago
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.