Bug 1562061 - Fail with "unresolved deps" in repolcosure of f28 Beta 1.3
Summary: Fail with "unresolved deps" in repolcosure of f28 Beta 1.3
Keywords:
Status: CLOSED NOTABUG
Alias: None
Product: Fedora
Classification: Fedora
Component: redhat-rpm-config
Version: 28
Hardware: ppc64le
OS: Linux
unspecified
unspecified
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: Florian Festi
QA Contact: Fedora Extras Quality Assurance
URL:
Whiteboard:
Depends On:
Blocks: PPCTracker
TreeView+ depends on / blocked
 
Reported: 2018-03-29 12:57 UTC by Menanteau Guy
Modified: 2018-03-29 13:12 UTC (History)
10 users (show)

Fixed In Version:
Doc Type: If docs needed, set a value
Doc Text:
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed: 2018-03-29 13:12:27 UTC


Attachments (Terms of Use)

Description Menanteau Guy 2018-03-29 12:57:55 UTC
I tried test https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_Mediakit_Repoclosure
for Fedora-Server-dvd-ppc64le-28_Beta-1.3.iso

for powerpc, I used old method with repoclosure command

mount -o loop Fedora-Server-dvd-ppc64le-28_Beta-1.3.iso /media
dnf install yum-utils
repoclosure -a ppc64le --repofrompath myrepo,/media/ --newest -t -r myrepo

...
package: redhat-rpm-config-106-1.fc28.noarch from myrepo
  unresolved deps: 
     (annobin if gcc)

expected result:
none "unresolved deps" should be reported.

This problem is present on ppc64 and ppc64le

Comment 1 Florian Weimer 2018-03-29 12:59:33 UTC
What's your repoclosure version?  Where did you get it?

Comment 2 Dan Horák 2018-03-29 13:01:44 UTC
clearly repoclosure (from yum-utils) doesn't understand the weak/rich rpm deps

Comment 3 Menanteau Guy 2018-03-29 13:12:27 UTC
ok, it seems that this test should be done with rpmdeplint but rpmdeplint does not support powerpc...

rpmdeplint check-repoclosure --repo testdeps,/media /media/Packages/s/systemd* 
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/rpmdeplint/__init__.py", line 42, in get_hawkey_package_arch
    return arch_map[pkg_arch]
KeyError: 'ppc64le'

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/rpmdeplint", line 11, in <module>
    load_entry_point('rpmdeplint==1.4', 'console_scripts', 'rpmdeplint')()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/rpmdeplint/cli.py", line 232, in main
    return args.func(args)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/rpmdeplint/cli.py", line 73, in cmd_check_repoclosure
    with dependency_analyzer_from_args(args) as analyzer:
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/rpmdeplint/cli.py", line 145, in dependency_analyzer_from_args
    sack_arches = {get_hawkey_package_arch(rpm) for rpm in rpms} - {'noarch'}
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/rpmdeplint/cli.py", line 145, in <setcomp>
    sack_arches = {get_hawkey_package_arch(rpm) for rpm in rpms} - {'noarch'}
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/rpmdeplint/__init__.py", line 46, in get_hawkey_package_arch
    package_name, pkg_arch))
AttributeError: Architecture was not correctly determined for /media/Packages/s/systemd-238-7.fc28.ppc64le.rpm arch was ppc64le

I close this bug


Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.