Description of problem:
Messages are too verbose
Task messages (in UI) are several lines and pages long
Some of the task messages should be Debug (vs. Info), and there ought to be a way to suppress debug vs. non-debug information
Every config parameter does not need to be expressed in the Task Details as we’re trying to convey what task is performed.
QE team will consult document linked in comment 2 to understand what improvements
in log messages are expected in this bug fix.
Created attachment 1474679 [details]
Example of new import task page
Created attachment 1474680 [details]
Example of old import task page
As is stated in the document in comment 2:
* Task messages are several lines and pages long
* Messages are verbose and often don’t mean very much to a user
* Some of the task messages should be Debug (vs. Info), and there ought to be a way to suppress debug vs. non-debug information
* Every config parameter does not need to be expressed in the Task Details as we’re trying to convey what task is performed
* Acquiring and releasing of locks should be DEBUG tasks?
This has been improved in task messages. Messages are now less verbose and are clear about what is happening, except for acquiring and releasing lock messages which might be moved to DEBUG (for this was filed BZ 1614671 where it can be discussed). DEBUG messages are currently not shown and there is no way to turn on verbose mode for user.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.