Description of problem:
From the UI there is currently no way to create incremental updates for CVs, without also applying errata to systems (Content -> Errata -> Apply Errata). Many organizations have different teams that manage Satellite/content and actually apply patches. While this can be done from hammer, some customers are apprehensive to take this approach.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Navigate to Content -> Errata
2. Attempt to make erratum installable w/o applying it
Some method for making this possible.
I propose a Stage button be added next to the Apply button. It will have the same functionality, without actually applying the errata. Thus, it would add the errata (and dependencies) to relevant CVs, update CCVs, and promote to selected environments, but not push the errata. This would be similar to running `hammer content-view version incremental update --errata-ids <ids> --lifecycle-environments <LCE1,LCE2,etc> --resolve-dependencies true --propagate-all-composites true`.
It should be possible to do this with the UI today.
- Select Content -> Errata
- Select an erratum that has a larger number of 'applicable' vs 'installable'
- Click 'Content Hosts'
- Select a host
- Click 'Apply to hosts'
- The next screen shows the incremental CV version (e.g. 3.1) that would get generated by the action
- Below it is a checkbox: 'Apply Errata to Content Hosts immediately after publishing'
- If that checkbox is not checked, then the errata are not applied via this process and only the new CV version is created.
- If the checkbox does not show up, then it means the host already has the errata available to it, with it's current CV.
Brad, you are correct. I missed that. I'll close this RFE.