1. Proposed title of this feature request
[RFE] - Allow specifying proxy to bypass or use on a per-repo basis
3. What is the nature and description of the request?
Red Hat Satellite 6.3 saw the inclusion of a feature with BZ#1132980 which allows for a "Yes/No" setting for each repo which shows up as "Ignore Global HTTP Proxy".
One suggestion for making this more flexible is to allow for specifying the Proxy to use on a per-repo basis.
4. Why does the customer need this? (List the business requirements here)
In the case where there are multiple proxies in the environment, this could allow for <n> different repos to sync through <n> different proxies.
5. How would the customer like to achieve this? (List the functional requirements here)
Allowing a space for a "specified proxy" for each repo would likely accomplish this.
Having a global satellite setting for specifying a global proxy could still allow for a "Default proxy" to be set, which could then be overridden or nulled out (for bypass) to give the per-repo flexibility.
6. For each functional requirement listed in question 5, specify how Red Hat
and the customer can test to confirm the requirement is successfully implemented.
Have 2 different proxies set up for two different upstream or 3rd party repos. Set up each repo to sync through different proxies. Test by shutting down one proxy or the other without affecting the other's communication.
7. Is there already an existing RFE upstream or in Red Hat bugzilla?
8. Does the customer have any specific timeline dependencies?
9. Is the sales team involved in this request and do they have any additional input?
10. List any affected packages or components.
11. Would the customer be able to assist in testing this functionality if implemented?
*** Bug 1666151 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Connecting redmine issue https://projects.theforeman.org/issues/27214 from this bug
Moving to POST. This feature was completed in the upstream; therefore, this is ready for QE.
@Satellite 6.7.0 snap 10
- Feature is working as expected on per repo basis to use proxy.
- Few small open issues are tracking here: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1774324
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.