Description of problem:
Service Catalog does not refresh ClusterServicePlan after removing from catalog
This bug have been fixed in 3.9.10
Relate bug: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1548122#c20
Relate fix: https://github.com/openshift/origin/pull/19105 (need to merge to 3.9.z)
service-catalog & asb image using images from brew registry:
# service-catalog --version
Steps to Reproduce:
I had to modify the Automation Broker to randomly fail so that it would remove some Service specs from the /v2/catalog response.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Have a test broker return say 4 service class specs from the /v2/catalog endpoint
2. Verify that the Service Catalog has 4 ClusterServiceClasses
3. Provision 1 of the Service Classes
4. Have the test broker return 3 service class specs from the /v2/catalog, the one that is missing MUST BE the one provisioned in step 3.
5. Have the Service Catalog relist with the test broker
6. Verify that the Provisioned Service Class reference is marked with:
7. Now, have the test broker return all 4 service class specs from the /v2/catalog again.
8. Have the Service Catalog relist with the test broker
9. Verify that the flag for the provisioned Service Class / Service Plan ref again
9. The removedFromBrokerCatalog: flag in ClusterServiceClass can be back to "false", but ClusterServicePlan remains "true" forever.
9. The removedFromBrokerCatalog: flag both in ClusterServiceClass and ClusterServicePlan should flip back to false once the service back.
We hit this issue in 3.9.z testing again, and it is blocking service catalog HA support.
This is fixed in 3.9.z. This is the PR: https://github.com/openshift/ose/pull/1200
You need at least ose-service-catalog:v3.9.21-1 - - off by one release for what you tested in.
Verified with ose-service-catalog:v3.9.21-1
Test steps follow description of this bug, and traced by TC: https://polarion.engineering.redhat.com/polarion/#/project/OSE/workitem?id=OCP-15607