1. Proposed title of this feature request
Variables to set in the ansible hosts file to change the node selector expected by the brokers
3. What is the nature and description of the request?
We are looking to include a node selector variable to allow the installer to deploy broker components (template service broker, etc) to nodes with labels other than region=infra. If a customer uses different labels, such as "zone=infrastructure" or "type=infra" the playbook will fail.
WORKAROUND: add "region=infra" to the nodes
4. Why does the customer need this? (List the business requirements here)
Convenience and to match other existing components like logging, etc which include node selectors
7. Is there already an existing RFE upstream or in Red Hat bugzilla?
None I could find
8. Does the customer have any specific timeline dependencies?
9. Is the sales team involved in this request and do they have any additional input?
10. List any affected packages or components.
Ansible playbooks, service brokers/catalog
Created https://github.com/openshift/openshift-ansible/pull/8897 to document TSB nodeselector in 3.9
3.10+ would install TSB on masters
Fix for 3.7 is available since openshift-ansible-3.7.56-1. Moving this to 3.9.z since it doesn't apply to 3.11
Fix is available in openshift-ansible-3.9.48-1
are documented and working well
Kernel Version: 3.10.0-862.14.4.el7.x86_64
Operating System: Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 7.5 (Maipo)
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.