Description of problem:
- When running installation, "Verify that the web console is running" task fails with "Curl(56) Received HTTP code 502 from proxy after CONNECT".
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
- OCP 3.9
How reproducible: 100% (behind proxy)
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Running deploy_cluster.yml behind proxy.
# ansible-playbook /usr/share/ansible/openshift-ansible/playbooks/deploy_cluster.yml
- "Verify that the web console is running" task fails with "Curl(56) Received HTTP code 502 from proxy after CONNECT". (This curl error message would depend on the environment though.)
- Playbook completes successfully.
- "curl -k --noproxy "*" https://webconsole.openshift-web-console.svc/healthz" worked fine, so noproxy is not working with ansible playbook.
- proposal patch: https://github.com/openshift/openshift-ansible/pull/7338
Cherrypicked on 3.9 - https://github.com/openshift/openshift-ansible/pull/8106
Fix is available in openshift-ansible-3.9.27-1
1. Adding global proxy environments to the hosts to be installed:
# tail /etc/profile
2.Try to reproduce the issue, but failed unfortunately by using openshift-ansible-3.9.24-1.git.0.d0289ea.el7.noarch.rpm. Installation could be completed successfully
3. Make sure the test scenario is same with customers'
# curl -k --noproxy "*" https://webconsole.openshift-web-console.svc/healthz
# curl -k https://webconsole.openshift-web-console.svc/healthz
curl: (56) Received HTTP code 404 from proxy after CONNECT
4. Again, try the installation with openshift-ansible that the patch applied. Installation succeed with openshift-ansible-3.9.27-1.git.0.52e35b5.el7.noarch.rpm
From the testing above, unable to reproduce the issue. Please correct me if any steps are incorrect. Moving to verify at this point.