Description of problem:
When you reboot newly provisioned VM from CFME admin UI, the last boot time is not updated after the reboot finished.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Have a CFME appliance with RHV as infrastructure provider
2. Provision a VM from a template on RHV, wait for the provision to finish and make sure that the VM is up
3. Go to Details page of your VM and locate field Power Management -> Last Boot Time and take note of it
4. Now click Power -> Restart Guest and wait for the VM to fully finish the reboot process
5. Click Configuration -> Refresh Relationships and Power States
6. Inspect Last Boot Time again
Last Boot Time stays the same it was after the VM was provisioned.
I would expect this item to be updated since a reboot took place.
I noticed this is not necessarily case on other VMs. I have tried the same on a VM that has been running in my env for some time (circa three days) and Last Boot Time was updated for it. Unfortunately I have no idea what's the difference between them. The old VM has been created from the very same template and I did not change anything on it.
I tried to reproduce the same with vSphere Client version 188.8.131.5200 as a provider and I did not run into this behaviour.
*** Bug 1723307 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Jan this says it is an issue with RHV so you can't test with vSphere.
On RHV we get the boot_time from the vm.start_time so if restarting the guest doesn't change that property, our boot_time won't be updated either. Looking to Martin/Boris to confirm that.
Going to reopen and update the version, but I suspect this might be expected behavior if RHV doesn't update the start_time on a guest reboot.
This BZ is reproducible on 5.11z too. Hence we need clone of it for 5.11z.