Description of problem:
SCAP Workbench fails to generate remediation if you try to generate the remediation role from a scan using a custom profile. This is true for all profiles except for DISA STIG for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7. The DISA STIG for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 appears to be the only profile that actually allows you to properly generate a remediation role from a scan using a customization.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
- RHEL 7.X, confirmed this is an issue on a fully updated RHEL 7.5 system
Steps to Reproduce:
1. select any profile except for DISA STIG
2. click the "customize" button and make no changes, just click ok and save your customization profile
3. click "SCAN" and scan with the custom profile
4. click "Generate Remediation Role" and select any of the options (Bash, Ansible, Puppet)
-Failure with the following error message:
Error generating remediation role '/usr/share/xml/scap/ssg/content/remediation-test.yml': Exit code of 'oscap' was 1: OpenSCAP Error: Could not find Profile/@id="xccdf_org.ssgproject.content_profile_C2S_customized" to build policy from TestResult/@id="" [xccdf_session.c:1733]
- Expected that you would be able to generate a remediation role with a custom profile after scanning.
- You can generate a remediation role from the custom profile, but not from the scan when using custom profile.
Hello, thank you for the report. I haven't been able to reproduce the special case of DISA STIG profile - it fails every time for me.
Thus I consider it a duplicate of known Bug 1533108
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 1533108 ***