Description of problem:
- mutter overrides xorg.conf regardless of the configuration
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
- 100%, also reproduceable on Fedora 27 and 28
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Configure xorg.conf (most common use case is via Nvidia proprietary module)
2. restart the GUI
3. Observe that xorg.conf settings are overridden
- mutter overrides xorg.conf
- xorg.conf configuration used when available
- does not occur in RHEL 7.4
- occurs in Fedora 27 & 28
Duplicate of bug 1581806
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.