Description of problem:
QGIS 3.0.x has been released.
QGIS version in Fedora repos is still 2.18.x
Could you please package the new release for Fedora? Thanks!
*** Bug 1548890 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
This is eventually going to happen. Thanks for pointing out that COPR build in the duplicate ticket. That helped me to finally figure out why my builds always segfaulted.
I made my recent build use the system version of poly2tri and added a couple of other features in the build. There are a few more things I want to check, but I should get a build done soon.
Which version of Fedora this will actually go to, is a different story. Are there known incompatibilities between 2.x and 3.x?
- Several processing built-in algorithms (e.g. voronoi polygons, delaunay triangulation) are still broken (though the mmqgis plugin works with QGIS3.x).
- Majority of the plugins are not yet ported to python3 thus are not usable in QGIS3.x.
- QGIS3.x .qgs files are not compatible with QGIS2.x
- The R provider is removed in QGIS3.x
just to make a summary: currently on COPR I have three repos:
- https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/dani/qgis which contains QGIS stable, 3.0.3 as writing. It's built from the official spec in the QGIS repo; feel free to open PR against it (I was the one that ported it from QGIS 2 to QGIS 3, maybe I missed something).
- https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/dani/qgis-ltr contains latest QGIS 2.18 available and SAGA fixed
- https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/dani/qgis-testing which contains a weekly unstable build of QGIS master (performed via https://ci.services.vigano.me/#/builders/2)
All the three repos are built against the proper GRASS version, based on the specific release of Fedora (see the compatibility matrix in each project).
The SPEC file in QGIS 3/master (https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/blob/master/rpm/qgis.spec.template) already supports GRASS 7.4 (and 7.2 for F26)
QGIS 3.2.0 has been released (and copr updated)
QGIS 3.4.0 has been released.
QGIS 3 also uses Python 3 instead of Python 2.
Can we do this for Fedora 30? Self contained change proposal deadline is in ~1 month.
Any chance we can still do this in F30? All the deadlines are approaching.
Yes, I'm trying to finish it now.
Thanks Volter. Let me know if I can help you test it. I don't do GIS very much, but I had a short intro to QGIS at the university couple years ago.
I've got a succeeded draft build on Koji. It needs some more clean-up, but I guess I can make a proper build for now.
The package is building in Rawhide now.
This bug appears to have been reported against 'rawhide' during the Fedora 30 development cycle.
Changing version to '30.
QGIS 3 seems to work fine on Fedora 30.