Description of problem:
During 3.9->3.10 upgrade, unquoted OPTIONS in /etc/sysconfig/atomic-openshift-master-api. e.g.
OPTIONS=--loglevel=2 --listen=https://0.0.0.0:443 --master=https://somehost.internal
get migrated into master.env during the control plan upgrade. The line gets placed verbatim into master.env and subsequently sourced by the master. In this case, the lack of quotes makes the source of master.env fail.
Version-Release number of the following components:
Steps to Reproduce:
1. In a 3.9 cluster, include unquoted OPTIONS var like example in Description
2. Upgrade to 3.10 control plane
3. Observe crash loop in atomic-openshift-node service
Crash loop during control-plane upgrade.
(1) Quote the key value pairs moving into master.env if quotes are missing
(2) source /etc/sysconfig/atomic-openshift-master-* as a test and stop the install if the file cannot be consumed
(3) Require values in the inventory.
PR Merged in master: https://github.com/openshift/openshift-ansible/pull/8733
Backport to 3.10 created: https://github.com/openshift/openshift-ansible/pull/9095#issuecomment-403087087
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.