Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 158692
lvm2 changes for RHEL4 U2
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:07:18 EST
Created to track lvm2-related changes for RHEL4 U2 prior to writing the erratum.
1. Fix hard-coded 65k metadata buffer size. 
2. Add --ignorelockingfailure to vgmknodes. Included in 2.01.09.
The following items from 2.01.10 should be included:
3. Move from 2-step to 3-step on-disk metadata commit.
4. Don't create backup and archive dirs till needed.
5. Reinstate full PV size when removing from VG.
6. Support loopfiles for testing.
7. Internal snapshot restructuring.
8. Remove unused internal non-persistent snapshot option.
The following items from (not-yet-released) 2.01.11 should be included:
9. Fix non-orphan pvchange -u.
10. Fix vgmerge to handle duplicate LVIDs.
11. vgscan/change/display/vgs automatically create metadata backups if needed.
12. Simplify pv_maps code and remove slow bitset algorithm.
13. Fix loopfiles alias alloc & mem debugging. [A fix to item 6 above.]
[Some of the other items in the WHATS_NEW file will also get included to support
the items above, but they don't need mentioning separately in the erratum text.]
Item 1 will be fixed in 2.01.11.
Also to be in 2.01.11:
14. Make VG and LV name restrictions consistent. Names like '.' and '..' don't
work and the tools now stop you using them. The strings "_mlog" and "_mimage"
can no longer be included in the names of LVs.
15. New '--all' flag added to the 'lvs' and 'vgs' reports. Without this,
internal LVs are no longer included in the output. When they are displayed,
their names are enclosed in square brackets.
16. New sanity checks introduced to detect internal coding errors before writing
updated metadata to disk.
17. Reorganise the allocation algorithms to prepare to support mirroring.
18. Support tiny metadata areas to allow for simple metadata conversions from
the GFS 'pool' format.
19. Use selinux matchpathcon 'mode' parameter. device-mapper package also
needed rebuilding because selinux support got dropped inadvertently. [bug 159669]
2.0.14 in the release:
20. Prevent snapshots from getting activated in a clustered VG.
21. Fix pool format handler to work with pv segment code (a bug introduced in
An advisory has been issued which should help the problem
described in this bug report. This report is therefore being
closed with a resolution of ERRATA. For more information
on the solution and/or where to find the updated files,
please follow the link below. You may reopen this bug report
if the solution does not work for you.