- Install RedHat Linux (pinstripes)
- when booting for the first time chose "de" for the language.
- logon and startx, gnome desktop starts in the correct language (German).
- when in gnome desktop click on "?" on the launch bar.
- the gnome-help-browser starts in German but the text displayed within it
is in English.
I ran "strace gnome-help-browser" and collected the log. I'll attach it
I could see that it was looking for many file, but could not find any of
them including locale.alias.
the newest GNOME users guide was completed only a couple months ago. We (GNOME)
have NO german translation for it at this time due to lack of volunteers. If you
know someone who would like to volunteer they can go to
http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gtp/ to find out how to help out.
What about French?
same deal really - except for the distributions coming out of our offices in
those countries - who might have translated this (I have no knowledge of it
though) - again with this new version being *so* new it is doubtful that the
French translation team has finished it (in the GNOME project)