1. Proposed title of this feature request:
[RFE] Allow custom column in the inventory (Hosts > All Hosts) for kernel version, that can be viewed, sorted, exported.
3. What is the nature and description of the request?
Allow custom column in the inventory (Hosts > All Hosts) for kernel version, that can be viewed, sorted, exported.
4. Why does the customer need this? (List the business requirements here)
This helps during patch management on systems and identify the kernel versions running on each systems.
5. How would the customer like to achieve this? (List the functional requirements here)
Create a new column on the Web UI under Hosts > All Hosts as "Kernel Version"
6. For each functional requirement listed, specify how Red Hat and the customer can test to confirm the requirement is successfully implemented.
7. Is there already an existing RFE upstream or in Red Hat Bugzilla?
8. Does the customer have any specific timeline dependencies and which release would they like to target (i.e. RHEL5, RHEL6)?
As soon as possible
9. Is the sales team involved in this request and do they have any additional input?
10. List any affected packages or components.
11. Would the customer be able to assist in testing this functionality if implemented?
The customer can, if required, export a report with any field that they would like (such as host + kernel version) using hammer CSV. This is documented in the following doc - https://access.redhat.com/blogs/1169563/posts/2938111
MOving to reporting.
If there is a host inventory report, add kernel version. If not, add the report and then add the kernel version.
Verified with Sat 6.5 snap 9
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Have some host registered through bootstrap
2. Generate a Registered Hosts report
Name,Ip,Operating System,Subscriptions,Applicable Errata,Owner,Kernel,Latest kernel available
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.