Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 159478
OpenOffice 1.1.3 has problem with r128 driver
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:11:07 EST
Description of problem:
If I use "r128" as the video driver for the system, I cannot launch openoffice
as a non-root user. A segmentation fault occurs everytime. But the root can
launch openoffice and use it.
If we change the video driver to "vesa" then everything works fine. I can launch
and use openoffice using root/non-root account as well.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Login as normal (non root) user. (assuming currently using "r128" as video
2. Issue the command ooffice from the terminal.
3. Segmentation fault occurs.
4. Change the video driver in xorg.conf to "vesa" from "r128"
5. Logout and Restart X
6. Login as normal, root account
7. Issue the command ooffice again.
8. Openoffice is started perfectly.
Can you get a backtrace from OOo (e.g.)
(gdb) run -writer
and paste in the results here.
This is awesomely likely to not be an OOo problem,
try running glxgears, and the testprogram at
http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=139712 and report what happens