subunit-1.2.0-20.fc29 fails to build in F29 because this test fails randomly:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/builddir/build/BUILD/subunit-1.2.0/python3/python/subunit/tests/test_subunit_tags.py", line 68, in test_add_tag
File "/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/testtools/testcase.py", line 498, in assertThat
testtools.matchers._impl.MismatchError: b'\xb3)\x82\x17\x04test\x02\x04quux\x03foo\x05\x97n\x86\xb3)\x83\x1b\x04test\x03\x03foo\x04quux\x03bar\x08\xc2X\x83' not in [b'\xb3)\x82\x17\x04test\x02\x04quux\x03foo\x05\x97n\x86\xb3)\x83\x1b\x04test\x03\x03bar\x04quux\x03fooqn\xab)', b'\xb3)\x82\x17\x04test\x02\x04quux\x03foo\x05\x97n\x86\xb3)\x83\x1b\x04test\x03\x04quux\x03foo\x03bar\xaf\xbd\x9d\xd6', b'\xb3)\x82\x17\x04test\x02\x04quux\x03foo\x05\x97n\x86\xb3)\x83\x1b\x04test\x03\x04quux\x03bar\x03foo\x03\x04b\r', b'\xb3)\x82\x17\x04test\x02\x04quux\x03foo\x05\x97n\x86\xb3)\x83\x1b\x04test\x03\x03bar\x03foo\x04quux\xd2\x18\x1bC', b'\xb3)\x82\x17\x04test\x02\x03foo\x04quux\xa6\xe1\xde\xec\xb3)\x83\x1b\x04test\x03\x03foo\x04quux\x03bar\x08\xc2X\x83', b'\xb3)\x82\x17\x04test\x02\x03foo\x04quux\xa6\xe1\xde\xec\xb3)\x83\x1b\x04test\x03\x03bar\x03foo\x04quux\xd2\x18\x1bC', b'\xb3)\x82\x17\x04test\x02\x03foo\x04quux\xa6\xe1\xde\xec\xb3)\x83\x1b\x04test\x03\x03foo\x03bar\x04quux:\x05e\x80']
Ran 526 tests in 3.232s
make: Leaving directory '/builddir/build/BUILD/subunit-1.2.0/python3'
Once it failed on ppc64le <https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=27900773>, once on s390x <https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=27999623>.
Because of that I cannot rebuild subunit against Perl 5.28. This issue will become visible when I merge f29-perl side-tag into f29 tag in Koji.
Yes, it's been doing that for awhile now. I haven't been successful in tracking it down. I will see if version 1.3.0 has a fix for the issue. If not, I will at least ask upstream to look into it.
I just did a build of 1.3.0 and it succeeded on all arches, which doesn't necessarily mean this bug has been fixed. On the negative side, I completely forgot about the side tag when I submitted the build, so now I get to do another build...
The rebuild for f29-perl also succeeded on all arches. I think I will do a few scratch builds to see if this bug happens again before declaring that it has been fixed, though.
Alas, this bug popped up again during the mass rebuild. I will ask upstream to check into it.
This bug appears to have been reported against 'rawhide' during the Fedora 29 development cycle.
Changing version to '29'.
This message is a reminder that Fedora 29 is nearing its end of life.
Fedora will stop maintaining and issuing updates for Fedora 29 on 2019-11-26.
It is Fedora's policy to close all bug reports from releases that are no longer
maintained. At that time this bug will be closed as EOL if it remains open with a
Fedora 'version' of '29'.
Package Maintainer: If you wish for this bug to remain open because you
plan to fix it in a currently maintained version, simply change the 'version'
to a later Fedora version.
Thank you for reporting this issue and we are sorry that we were not
able to fix it before Fedora 29 is end of life. If you would still like
to see this bug fixed and are able to reproduce it against a later version
of Fedora, you are encouraged change the 'version' to a later Fedora
version prior this bug is closed as described in the policy above.
Although we aim to fix as many bugs as possible during every release's
lifetime, sometimes those efforts are overtaken by events. Often a
more recent Fedora release includes newer upstream software that fixes
bugs or makes them obsolete.