Hi. 1st of all, this bug is about "tty terminal" but I did not found "tty terminal" or "tty-terminal" or "virtual terminal" or "virtual-terminal" in "component" so I select "Terminal" ! Please correct it.
When I switched to tty terminal it asked me for user name. I enter it. Then it asked me to enter password of that account & here is the issue: if I enter wrong password (because I'm human & vulnerable for error) it will say what is mean: "it is wrong" & will ask to "enter password again". When, immediately, I try to re-enter password again, then before complete the typing of password (in fact just after typing 2 characters from my long password) I will confronted by changing field for password into field for user name ! The worst thing is that parts of password that I typed in 2 trail (1st 2 characters) will decrypted & appear unhidden ! This is very dangerous !
Moreover, during my examination for issue in it's last occasion today, I noticed the following:
- I reboot my PC to do clean test,
- I switched to tty terminal,
- I enter my user name,
- immediately started to type password wrongly to reproduce bug,
- I clicked enter,
- I, then, received message said wrong password & asked to try again,
- I did not enter any thing this time & wait till end of time factor where I switched to enter user name again,
- I entered user name,
- then as quick as possible I entered password when asked for this (but this time I entered correct password),
- I clicked enter,
- and I faced with disaster: field for password changed to that user name & password was decrypted ( appeared as clear text) because it recognized as the user name !, & bellow that I saw message said what is mean: failed attempt for login, wrong password !
I would like to apologize for this wrong bug post ! I was wrong in principle ! Please see this link:
I will close this issue.
Sorry for disturbing you !