Bug 159828 - RFE: Using percentage and maxsize to specify partition sizes
RFE: Using percentage and maxsize to specify partition sizes
Status: CLOSED WONTFIX
Product: Fedora
Classification: Fedora
Component: anaconda (Show other bugs)
4
All Linux
medium Severity medium
: ---
: ---
Assigned To: Anaconda Maintenance Team
Mike McLean
: FutureFeature
Depends On:
Blocks:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2005-06-08 10:18 EDT by Peter Guyan
Modified: 2007-11-30 17:11 EST (History)
0 users

See Also:
Fixed In Version:
Doc Type: Enhancement
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed: 2005-06-08 18:50:14 EDT
Type: ---
Regression: ---
Mount Type: ---
Documentation: ---
CRM:
Verified Versions:
Category: ---
oVirt Team: ---
RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:
Cloudforms Team: ---


Attachments (Terms of Use)

  None (edit)
Description Peter Guyan 2005-06-08 10:18:10 EDT
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.4) Gecko/20030624 Netscape/7.1

Description of problem:
I've looked through the RFE's and have not found anything similar to this, but if there is, then I appologise now if this is a duplicate.

I was wondering if it would be possible (or useful to others) to specify a percentage (or upto X amount) of disk to be used on a per partition basis. 

The thinking behind this came after installing many clients using kickstart that had different sized disks. 



 

Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):


How reproducible:
Always

Steps to Reproduce:
N/A
  

Additional info:
Comment 1 Jeremy Katz 2005-06-08 18:50:14 EDT
You can already basically do this... sizes + growing end up being percentages.

ie, if you have
part /boot --size=100
part / --size=30 --grow
part /home --size=70 --grow

Then, /home ends up being 70% of the remaining space and / is 30%

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.