Bug 1619451 - Cloud Provider Image Updates
Summary: Cloud Provider Image Updates
Alias: None
Product: Fedora
Classification: Fedora
Component: Changes Tracking
Version: rawhide
Hardware: Unspecified
OS: Unspecified
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: Joe Doss
QA Contact:
Depends On:
TreeView+ depends on / blocked
Reported: 2018-08-20 21:13 UTC by Ben Cotton
Modified: 2020-08-05 18:38 UTC (History)
2 users (show)

Fixed In Version:
Doc Type: If docs needed, set a value
Doc Text:
Clone Of:
Last Closed: 2020-08-05 18:38:08 UTC
Type: ---

Attachments (Terms of Use)

Description Ben Cotton 2018-08-20 21:13:04 UTC
This is a tracking bug for Change: Cloud Provider Image Updates
For more details, see: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/CloudProviderImageUpdates

Provide monthly updates to cloud provider images.

Comment 1 Ben Cotton 2018-08-20 21:17:56 UTC
Since we are past the testable checkpoint, if your change is ready to be tested, please set the status to MODIFIED. If you know your change will not be ready for Fedora 29, you can set the version to rawhide and notify bcotton.

Comment 2 Randy Barlow 2018-08-27 16:51:02 UTC
Hello Joe,

Could you write a brief update on the status of this change in a comment here for FESCo?

Comment 3 Joe Doss 2018-08-27 17:44:33 UTC
Hey Randy,

I am currently working on a spike to figure out what kind of MVP testing we can do to get this out the door Once I have those nailed down, I am going to socialize these ideas with Releng and Dusty Mabe to make sure I am on the right path for providing reliable updates to the cloud provider images.

Comment 4 Ben Cotton 2018-08-28 13:54:02 UTC
Today is the '100% code complete deadline' Change Checkpoint[1], meaning that Fedora 29 Changes must now be code complete. All the code required to enable to the new change should now be finished. If your Change is code complete, please update the status of this tracker back to "ON_QA". The change does not have to be fully tested by this deadline.

We have now reached the Beta freeze. If your Change is not code complete, you need to request a Freeze Exception[2] or invoke the contingency plan.

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Policy#Beta_deadline.2Faccepted_changes_100.25_complete

[2] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:SOP_freeze_exception_bug_process

Comment 5 Joe Doss 2018-08-28 15:16:10 UTC
This change is an internal process change that has no code changes inside of Fedora 29. This change should not block the release of Fedora 29.

Comment 6 Randy Barlow 2018-09-10 19:03:53 UTC
From today's FESCo meeting:

FESCo acks the cloud image updates change and notes that they need to be ready after GA.

Comment 7 Petr Bokoc 2018-11-27 19:40:59 UTC
Hi Joe, I want to ask about the status of this change. Comments seem to indicate that everything is working according to plan, but the bug status is still NEW. Can you please let me know whether the monthly updates are being done according to plan for F29 or not? The reason I'm asking is I'm finishing up some loose ends for the Release Notes.


Comment 8 Joe Doss 2018-11-28 17:54:21 UTC
Hey Petr,

Progress has stalled out this quarter and I don't expect to have anything meaningful to show on this change for F29. I hope to have things ready by F30.

Comment 9 Joe Doss 2019-02-14 20:24:55 UTC
I am moving this to be ready by Fedora 31 as I am still working out the details of testing things for the monthly updates. I updated https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/CloudProviderImageUpdates with this change. Moving forward I am going to communicate with sgallagh on the progress to be mindful of Fedora Server's possible takeover of Fedora Cloud down the road to gather his feedback on this change.

Comment 10 Ben Cotton 2019-03-05 21:49:54 UTC
We have reached the Code Complete (100%) milestone in the Fedora 30 development cycle. At this point, all Changes should be fully code complete and ready for testing during the beta freeze. If your Change has reached this milestone, please set the status to ON_QA. If it has not, this Change will be submitted to FESCo to evaluate the contigency plan and decide if the Change will continue in the Fedora 30 cycle.

Comment 11 Ben Cotton 2019-08-13 17:02:35 UTC
This bug appears to have been reported against 'rawhide' during the Fedora 31 development cycle.
Changing version to '31'.

Comment 12 Ben Cotton 2019-08-13 19:32:11 UTC
This bug appears to have been reported against 'rawhide' during the Fedora 31 development cycle.
Changing version to 31.

Comment 13 Ben Cotton 2019-08-14 17:56:08 UTC
We have reached the 'Code Complete (testable)' milestone in the Fedora 31 release cycle. If your Change is in a testable state, please set the status to MODIFIED. If this Change will not be ready for Fedora 31, please set the version to rawhide.

The 100% code complete deadline is Tue 2019-08-27.

Comment 14 Ben Cotton 2020-02-11 15:49:12 UTC
This bug appears to have been reported against 'rawhide' during the Fedora 32 development cycle.
Changing version to 32.

Comment 15 Ben Cotton 2020-02-28 15:36:46 UTC
I don't see any activity on this for F32. Should I defer to F33 or close it and have you resubmit when ready?

Comment 16 Joe Doss 2020-02-28 15:39:02 UTC
Let's defer to F33 and if I can't get my act together, I will close and resubmit when things are ready.

Comment 17 Ben Cotton 2020-02-28 16:03:35 UTC
Sounds like a plan! Setting version back to rawhide.

Comment 18 Ben Cotton 2020-07-24 13:29:22 UTC
Checking in to see if you'll be able to get this done for F33 or if we should close this tracker for now.

Comment 19 Joe Doss 2020-08-05 03:58:05 UTC
This won't be done for F33. The fedora-cloud SIG is still figuring out how we want to do this change. Let's close it until we get our act together with a master plan.

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.