Bugzilla (bugzilla.redhat.com) will be under maintenance for infrastructure upgrades and will not be available on July 31st between 12:30 AM - 05:30 AM UTC. We appreciate your understanding and patience. You can follow status.redhat.com for details.
Bug 161988 - i18n files location
Summary: i18n files location
Keywords:
Status: CLOSED CURRENTRELEASE
Alias: None
Product: Fedora
Classification: Fedora
Component: system-config-bind
Version: 4
Hardware: All
OS: Linux
medium
medium
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: Jason Vas Dias
QA Contact:
URL:
Whiteboard:
Depends On:
Blocks:
TreeView+ depends on / blocked
 
Reported: 2005-06-28 20:58 UTC by Andrew Martynov
Modified: 2007-11-30 22:11 UTC (History)
0 users

Fixed In Version: system-config-bind-4.0.0-40_FC5
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed: 2006-05-24 10:20:59 UTC
Type: ---


Attachments (Terms of Use)
textdomain binding for XML loading (621 bytes, patch)
2005-07-26 07:49 UTC, Andrew Martynov
no flags Details | Diff

Description Andrew Martynov 2005-06-28 20:58:16 UTC
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; ru-RU; rv:1.7.8) Gecko/20050512 Red Hat/1.0.4-1.4.1 Firefox/1.0.4

Description of problem:
I have found that .MO files with translated messages
should be located in three different places:
- /usr/share/locale/ru/LC_MESSAGES/bindconf.mo
- /usr/share/locale/ru/LC_MESSAGES/system-config-bind.mo
- /usr/share/system-config-bind/po/ru/LC_MESSAGES/bindconf.mo

With default location only some messages in menus is translated.

Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
system-config-bind-4.0.0-16

How reproducible:
Always

Steps to Reproduce:
1. Run s-c-b while LANG=ru_RU.UTF-8
2. Look at menu items and toolbar buttons
3.  

Actual Results:  Translated GUI

Expected Results:  Partially translated GUI

Additional info:

Currently to prepare translation and test GUI I have to:
# ln -s /usr/share/locale/ru/LC_MESSAGES/system-config-bind.mo /usr/share/system-config-bind/po/ru/LC_MESSAGES/bindconf.mo
# ln -s /usr/share/locale/ru/LC_MESSAGES/system-config-bind.mo /usr/share/locale/ru/LC_MESSAGES/bindconf.mo

I suppose the problem is related to bindtextdomain() calls in 
different .py modules.

I used following to find out required .mo file location:
# LANG=ru_RU.UTF-8 strace python /usr/share/system-config-bind/GUI.py  2>&1 | grep '\.mo' | less

Comment 1 Andrew Martynov 2005-06-28 21:01:38 UTC
Sorry for mistake, please find correct results:

Expected Results:  Translated GUI

Actual Results:  Partially translated GUI



Comment 2 Jason Vas Dias 2005-07-16 00:50:08 UTC
This bug is now fixed with system-config-bind-4.0.0-18

Comment 3 Andrew Martynov 2005-07-26 07:26:38 UTC
In addition: some GUI elements still is not translated due to not explicit
textdomain binding.

1. install system-config-bind-4.0.0-19
2. run LANG=ru_RU.UTF8 system-config-bind
3. look into "preview" button on toolbar

I have found that followed correction for XML GUI interface definition solve the
problem.

Comment 4 Andrew Martynov 2005-07-26 07:49:11 UTC
Created attachment 117145 [details]
textdomain binding for XML loading

Comment 5 A S Alam 2006-05-24 10:20:59 UTC
Comment #3, this is not only for ru_RU.UTF-8 for other languages also (tested on 
Hindi, Punjabi, Japanese, Koran)

Please file separate bug for this bug.

as Basic issue is fixed, so closing this bug

Test Evnviroment:
Fedora Core Rawhide
system-config-bind-4.0.0-40_FC5
thanks



Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.