Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 162004
GtkFileSelector is dropping file name when creating folder in a SaveAs dialog.
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:11:09 EST
Description of problem:
The File Selector is dropping the file name to 'save as' when you create a
folder in the Save As dialog.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Very. I've seen this behavior in Firefox, GIMP and Evolution.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Open Firefox and browse to http://www.fedora.redhat.com/
2. Right click the 'Fedora Project' image in the top left corner and select
'Save Image as ...'
3. Click "Browser for other Folders" and select <Filesystem>/tmp
4. Click 'Create Folder' noting that the file name is still displayed.
5. A new folder appears. Change the name from 'Type name of new folder' to
'test' and press enter.
6. Note that you are now in /tmp/test and that the 'Name' of the file has been
The default file name is dropped
The default file name should remain in the Name field.
Ah, I should have said that this is just one example of how to reproduce. You
can get the same outcome in any application that uses the GtkFileSelector dialog
in SaveAs mode.
A slight variation of this bug is tracked upstream as