When choosing non-anonymous ftp as installation-method, install fails.
0. Creating account `cdrom' having /mnt/cdrom as home on a ftp server
1. Booting from bootnet.img
2. Choosing non-anon ftp installation method
3. Entering network/ftp params
4. "Welcome" Screen
5. Pressing F12 until root-pw will be asked for
6. Entering root-pw, F12
7. "Reading packages" -> python exception
This seems to work fine for us. If you still see this, please give us the bottom
6 lines of the traceback you're getting so we can try to help (better yet, save
the debug info to a floppy and post it here).
After looking into the ftp logs and doing the commands by hand I understand why
it has happened (see #16204 also):
I have entered "." as ftp-dir (see #16204) forgetting that non-anonymous users
have the system rootdir as '/'. This location was accepted when loading
netstag1.img. Then, while "Reading packages", a '/' was prepended and anaconda
chdir'd into '/.'---the real rootdir.
With the fix translating '.' to '/.' (mentioned in #16204) both ftp-actions
will see the same directory and fail or succeed identically.