OpenStack is moving to run under Python 3 by default in community goal:
Neutron should support running under python 3.6, initial identified steps include:
* Switch upstream gates to py3
* Downstream CI python3-based
* RPM packaging
* Local testing (tempest runs, …) with Fedora 28 system
Neutron support for python 3.6 support is currently underway upstream. Main items are:
- debug functional tests; there is improper usage somewhere in the Neutron functional test harness
- determine how to switch upstream grenade/tempest jobs from 2.7 to 3.6
Will track any additional upstream items here.
Switch of U/S CI jobs to python3 is tracked in https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/neutron_ci_python3
Only grenade jobs upstream are not python3 (will be soon), apart from that upstream python3 support is good
I believe the effort to support python 3.6 upstream is concluded successfully.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.