1. Proposed title of this feature request
[RFE] Provide ability for UI to reflect non-RedHat Errata types
3. What is the nature and description of the request?
Errata synced from 3rd party repos can contain metadata that does not match up with the 3 main Red Hat errata types reflected in the UI: Security, Bugfix, Enhancement.
When it does not match up, the packages in the errata are reflected as applicable updates, but there is no indication of the counts of outstanding errata to be applied to a Content Host
4. Why does the customer need this? (List the business requirements here)
To be able to accurately view a Content Host and see what types, and how many, errata are outstanding to the Content Host.
5. How would the customer like to achieve this? (List the functional requirements here)
This could probably be achieved a number of ways. One suggestion would be to map some of the common ones to the existing Red Hat Errata types.
6. For each functional requirement listed, specify how Red Hat and the customer can test to confirm the requirement is successfully implemented.
Errata of non-RedHat types will show as counts in the Installable Errata views on the Content Host details page and Content Hosts' listing.
7. Is there already an existing RFE upstream or in Red Hat Bugzilla?
8. Does the customer have any specific timeline dependencies and which release would they like to target (i.e. RHEL5, RHEL6)?
9. Is the sales team involved in this request and do they have any additional input?
10. List any affected packages or components.
11. Would the customer be able to assist in testing this functionality if implemented?
*** Bug 1222034 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Customer is also asking that they have the ability to filter on these errata types as well.
This also affects ability to filter out errata based on time only (i.e. "exclude errata newer than <date>"). The reason is, this filter already contains the check for errata type, inherently.