1. Proposed title of this feature request
[RFE] [RFE] Able to search Puppet parameters alphabetically in Satellite Web UI.
2. In non-public update...
3. What is the nature and description of the request?
In satellite 6.3 web UI, navigate to Configure -> (Puppet) Classes -> YOUR CLASS -> Smart Class PARAMETER
By doing so a page is opened where we can see all the parameters associated with the Puppet Class.
The customer requires an option by which he can sort the Parameters by the matcher-value alphabetically.
4. Why does the customer need this? (List the business requirements here)
When visually searching a large number of parameter overrides, it can be
confusing when the elements are not listed in a predictable order.
Currently the elements are sorted by Matcher Type. While this is very
helpful, for one specific class customer has nearly 100 FQDN based overrides.
If the elements could be sub sorted by matcher value (fqdn ==
matcher_value) this would significantly reduce the time spent reviewing
5. How would the customer like to achieve this? (List the functional requirements here)
Add a functionality by which customer can sort the Parameters by the matcher-value alphabetically.
6. Is there already an existing RFE upstream or in Red Hat Bugzilla?
7. Does the customer have any specific timeline dependencies and which release would they like to target (i.e. RHEL5, RHEL6)?
The customer wants to see this feature till Satellite 6.5.
8. Is the sales team involved in this request and do they have any additional input?
9. List any affected packages or components.
10. Would the customer be able to assist in testing this functionality if implemented?
Yes but will require support from our end.
This is really an extension of https://projects.theforeman.org/issues/18813 where https://github.com/theforeman/foreman/pull/4360/files#diff-2e159fbeb93893150063ca62f69d9ff1R149 is extended to sort first on resolution order then on value.
Upstream link https://projects.theforeman.org/issues/24969
Moving this bug to POST for triage into Satellite 6 since the upstream issue https://projects.theforeman.org/issues/24969 has been resolved.
Verified on Sat 6.5 snap 2
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.