+++ This bug was initially created as a clone of Bug #1450406 +++
Description of problem:
As per the configuration, there are 40 groups assigned to single role and the customer want to access reports based on roles rather than individual groups. So he is looking for an alternative/workaround for the same.
Is there any convenient option available so to access reports through one role rather than mapping to individual groups which are belong to same role.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
Mapping done based on groups under edit report menu
Mapping done based on roles assigned to several groups.
New commit detected on ManageIQ/manageiq/master:
Author: Yuri Rudman <firstname.lastname@example.org>
AuthorDate: Fri Oct 5 15:29:24 2018 -0400
Commit: Yuri Rudman <email@example.com>
CommitDate: Fri Oct 5 15:29:24 2018 -0400
Script to copy/reset available reports (for group and role):
- duplicate report structure from one group to another group
- duplicate report structure from group to role, which means to each group having that role
- remove cutomized report sructure from group
- remove customized report structure from role, which means from each group having that role
EXAMPLE: bundle exec ruby ./tools/copy_reports_structure -s EvmGroup -r SomeRole
bundle exec ruby ./tools/copy_reports_structure -p SomeRole
tools/copy_reports_structure.rb | 92 +
1 file changed, 92 insertions(+)
New commit detected on ManageIQ/manageiq/hammer:
Author: Gregg Tanzillo <firstname.lastname@example.org>
AuthorDate: Thu Oct 11 15:41:36 2018 -0400
Commit: Gregg Tanzillo <email@example.com>
CommitDate: Thu Oct 11 15:41:36 2018 -0400
Merge pull request #18066 from yrudman/script-to-copy-report-for-ll-groups-in-role
Script to copy reports access from group to role
(cherry picked from commit a8f357dbe8af8fed28487d2c5af0f0730e2985af)
spec/tools/copy_reports_structure_spec.rb | 97 +
tools/copy_reports_structure.rb | 43 +
tools/copy_reports_structure/report_structure.rb | 60 +
3 files changed, 200 insertions(+)
FIXED. Verified on 220.127.116.11.20181106165157_92dd189.
Steps taken to verify:
1) Create a role `role1`.
2) Create more than 1 group and assign them to role `role1`.
3) Create 2 new reports `report1` and `report2`.
4) Navigate to `Edit Report Menus`, select a group, say `EvmGroup-super_administrator` and move `report1` to some menu.
5) SSH into the appliance, `vmdb` and run the script to copy report structure from a group to a role.
`bundle exec ruby ./tools/copy_reports_structure.rb --source-group=EvmGroup-super_administrator --target-role=role1`.
6) Refresh the browser and check if the report structure of `EvmGroup-super_administrator` was copied to all the groups belonging to `role1`.
7) Move `report2` to some menu in some other group, say `EmvGroup-desktop`.
8) Run the script to copy report structure from one group to another
`bundle exec ruby ./tools/copy_reports_structure.rb --source-group=EvmGroup-desktop --target-group=group2`
9) Refresh the browser, go to `group2` under `Edit Report Menus` and check if the report structure was copied.
10) Reset the report structure for a group by running
`bundle exec ruby ./tools/copy_reports_structure.rb --reset-group=group2`
11) Refresh the browser and check if the structure was reset.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.