Created attachment 1494056 [details]
Shows message with 7 when actually should be 6
Description of problem:
When I delete a content view version using the UI, it tells me that I'm deleting from 1 more environment than I actually am. Screenshots attached. We are on 6.3.2.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Delete a content view
Message: Deleting from X environments will show 1 more than actual environments the view is being deleted from.
Message: Deleting from X environments will show the proper number of environments the view is being deleted from.
Created attachment 1494057 [details]
Shows message with 2 environments when only 1
Created attachment 1495318 [details]
Shows message with 4 when actually is 4
I took what I think are the correct steps to do this and got what appears to be the correct output. Can you check my other screenshots and verify that I did this the same/correct way?
Created attachment 1495319 [details]
Content view with 4 environments
Created attachment 1495320 [details]
Promote shows in 4 environments
Created attachment 1495321 [details]
Deleting from all 4 environments
Created attachment 1495323 [details]
Confirm delete from 4 environments
So I tried to reproduce the error on multiple environments (including one identical to the customers) and in multiple different ways, but I can't reproduce it. Is there a step-by-step process that the customer goes through to produce the error? Can I get any additional details there? Perhaps if they have a look at my screenshots they can tell me what they did differently.
Also, do they have a reproducer?
Actually, what I don't see in your screenshots is the screen where the delete is actually showing the status message. In my 2 screenshots, you'll see it's the status message that has the wrong number of environments (it's off by 1 always) and not any other part of the interface.
Do you have a screenshot showing the delete in progress with the status bar and status message that I could send back their way?
Created redmine issue https://projects.theforeman.org/issues/25321 from this bug
Moving this bug to POST for triage into Satellite 6 since the upstream issue https://projects.theforeman.org/issues/25321 has been resolved.
Created attachment 1513712 [details]
Number of environments correctly displays now.
1. Create a content view
2. Publish New Version
3. Promote to 3 different environments
4. Delete 3
Delete status shows 3 environments being deleted. See screenshot for more details
Tested on 6.5.0 Snap 7
Forgot to set status to verified so doing that now.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.