Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 163957
gnome-system-monitor can't display NPTL threads
Last modified: 2014-06-18 05:07:53 EDT
gnome-system-monitor can't display NPTL threads when the "Show Threads" option
is on in the preferences.
How to reproduce (example):
1) start xmms with NPTL (e.g. xmms in an xterm should suffice)
2) confirm the presence of threads with "ps awuxm | grep xmms"
3) start gnome-system-monitor, enable threads and no threads are shown for xmms
4) now close xmms and start it with LinuxThreads (e.g. "LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.19
xmms" in an xterm)
5) gnome-system-monitor correctly displays threads
One idea was to completely remove the "Show threads" option from
Upstream has now removed thread support completely in HEAD, so we can add a
patch to do the same.
CRM autoclosed, closing
Internal Status set to 'Resolved'
Status set to: Closed by Tech
Resolution set to: 'Auto Closed'
This event sent from IssueTracker by pdemauro
This bug is filed against RHEL 3, which is in maintenance phase.
During the maintenance phase, only security errata and select mission
critical bug fixes will be released for enterprise products. Since
this bug does not meet that criteria, it is now being closed.
For more information of the RHEL errata support policy, please visit:
If you feel this bug is indeed mission critical, please contact your
support representative. You may be asked to provide detailed
information on how this bug is affecting you.