Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 164074
Placeholder for 2.4.x SATA update 20050723-1
Last modified: 2007-11-30 17:07:07 EST
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.7.10) Gecko/20050720 Fedora/1.0.6-1.1.fc4 Firefox/1.0.6
Description of problem:
Tracking bug for SATA update 20050723-1.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. apply patch.
Actual Results: success!
Created attachment 117102 [details]
SATA update 20050723-1
* core: detect PATA<->SATA bridges, apply device limits accordingly
(prevents data/DMA corruption)
* core: improve SATA PHY probing (fixes some previously-not-working setups)
* core: update DMA blacklist
* core: DMA s/g length fixes
* core: PIO overrun fixes
* core: correctly memset() CDB length, not sizeof(cdb length var)
* core: fix completion race (ATA_QCFLAG_ACTIVE)
* core: ->host_stop API change (fixes use-after-iounmap)
* core: fix a few SCSI<->ATA xlat edge cases
* sata_sil: fix FIFO-related corruption
* everywhere: add kernel-doc comments
* AHCI: add ATAPI support (currently unused)
* AHCI: add no-op PCI MSI support
* ata_piix: add ESB2 SATA support
* sata_promise: add PDC20619 (TX4000) support
* sata_qstor: add driver (currently NOT built)
* sata_sil: add new PCI ID
* sata_svw: add support for BCM5785 (aka HT1000)
The SATA update has just been committed to the RHEL3 U6
patch pool this evening (in kernel version 2.4.21-34.EL).
An advisory has been issued which should help the problem
described in this bug report. This report is therefore being
closed with a resolution of ERRATA. For more information
on the solution and/or where to find the updated files,
please follow the link below. You may reopen this bug report
if the solution does not work for you.