Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 164592
unable to conform to lsb-tcl
Last modified: 2014-03-25 20:52:33 EDT
Description of problem:
Tested RHEL4's tcl against lsb-tcl and noticed a few errors. Please see the
steps to reproduce for more details.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Download the lsb-tcl application package that corresponds to the LSB version
and processor architecture
2. Install package on system. Example command line:
rpm -ivh lsb-tcl-8.4.6-1.lsb3.i486.rpm
NOTE: Application MUST be installed without use of --nodeps option
- Expected result: application should be installed to
3. Run the command: useradd -m tcl4lsb to create a user and its home directory
for the tcl tests.
4. Run the command: su - tcl4lsb to run tests as a non-root user.
5. Change to /tmp directory and create a new directory called lsb-tcl-tests
6. Change to the /tmp/lsb-tcl-tests directory
7. Download the set of tests for tcl here: tcl8.4.6-tests.tar
8. Run the command: tar xvf tcl8.4.6-tests.tar to extract tests into the
/tmp/lsb-tcl-tests (current) directory
9. Run the command: /opt/lsb/appbat/bin/tclsh8.4 all.tcl | tee testoutput
10. Run the command: more testoutput to view the output file. Once open, search
for the string "Tests ended".
Tests ended at \u56db 7\u6708 28 14\u664250\u520649\u79d2 EST 2005
all.tcl: Total 9525 Passed 7043 Skipped 2480 Failed 2
Sourced 128 Test Files.
Files with failing tests: httpold.test tcltest.test
All the tests will have executed with no failures and the entry in the file
should look like this (the exact number of tests passed and skipped is not
Tests ended at Thu Jun 30 17:30:41 CDT 2004
all.tcl: Total 9525 Passed 7080 Skipped 2445 Failed 0
The lsb-tcl rpm (lsb-tcl-8.4.6) can be downloaded from the following URL:
Created attachment 117258 [details]
Download for Step of the Procedure
Nope. This is more likely a test suite bug for LSB. Bug has been filed upstream
and maintainer has accepted the bug and currently working on it.
Closing bug for now.